- Prepare students for a range of technical, professional and management career disciplines in Electrical and Electronic Engineering by providing specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual occupations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment.
- Enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment in the Electrical and Electronics sector.
- Provide students with flexibility, knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
The Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) will develop students into highly trained, competent professionals, who are able to meet the demands of employers in the various engineering sectors.
This qualification also serves as the next step for students completing the SBCS Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology programme and are interested in pursuing the BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Technology).
Why choose the HND in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, recognized in more than 70 countries worldwide.
- Final Year Entry: Graduates of this programme gain direct access to the final year of the University of Greenwich's B.Eng. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Technology) programme offered at SBCS, Champs Fleurs campus.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace after consultation with employers, students, and professional bodies.
- Practical hands-on training: Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
Why study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
The next intake is in October 2018.
FEE AMOUNT NOTE SBCS Registration Fee
First semester: TT$150
Remaining semesters: TT$850 each
Payable upon registration every semester (for 6 semesters) Tuition Fee
TT$1,500 (Foundation Semester)
TT$2,200 (per 15 credit module)
TT$4,400 (per 30 credit module)
Total Tuition Fee over 2 years: TT$36,700 BTEC Registration Fee
£450 (one-time payment)
Payable by: November 30, 2018 BTEC Annual Fee £20 (per year) Payable each year from Year 2 of the programme
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.