Passwords; access controls; symmetric and asymmetric encryption; confidentiality; authentication; integrity; nonrepudiation; availability; hash functions. Security for electronic mail, IP, web databases, distributed systems. Standards.
- This course is offered in 30 hours
- Orientation, Course Outline, Chapter 1 Security
- Identification and Authentication
- Access Control
- Symmetric Key Cryptosystems
- Hash Functions & Digital Signatures
- Asymmetric Cryptosystems
- EL Gamal
- Key Management
- PGP and other Internet Protocols
Lectures and tutorials.
Two coursework submissions.
One two-hour 15 minute unseen written paper.
BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (UoL)
This degree prepares you to develop systems that can grow to meet new and changing needs in modern business environments.
- This degree is internationally recognized, giving you an advantage in the job market, wherever your career takes you.
- You can rely on the quality of the content of this degree.
- You will gain specialist expertise in the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Our courses are designed to help you develop the analytical, organizational and creative skills sought by employers in the fast-evolving sector.
- You will receive comprehensive subject guides approved by Goldsmith's academics, as well as access to a wealth of online resources.
- This programme provides an excellent preparation for a career as a computing or information systems professional.
In order to obtain the BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems, students will pursue:-
- 8 core full modules
- 6 electives (half modules)
- Final Project
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers