Database design and development is a fundamental and highly beneficial skill for computing students to master, regardless of their specialism.
The aim of this unit is to give students opportunities to develop an understanding of the concepts and issues relating to database design and development, as well as to provide the practical skills to translate that understanding into the design and creation of complex databases.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Use an appropriate design tool to design a relational database system for a substantial problem.
- Develop a fully functional relational database system, based on an existing system design.
- Test the system against user and system requirements.
- Produce technical and user documentation.
BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Application Development, Security and Network Engineering). Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.
Upon completion of that baccalaureate qualification, you can progress on to the University of Greenwich MSc. Operational Cyber Security.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
- MSc Operational Cyber Security