An introduction to the various facets of information systems management to help students understand the importance of non-technical issues. The importance of close integration between business and IS planning will be stressed. The topics include: information security and safety critical systems; data protection legislation; Computer Misuse Act and other relevant legislation. Ethical and professional issues. Strategic planning of IS; evaluation of IS investments.
- This course is offered in 30 hours
- IS Management in the Digital Economy
- The Evolving Role of IS
- IT Strategy and Planning (Competitive Strategy)
- Formal Planning Techniques (Approaches to IS Planning)
- Business Process Management
- Managing Implementation and Change
- Ethical and Social Issues, Information Technology Economics,
- Business Performance Management, Outsourcing, Supply Chain Management, User Roles
Lectures and tutorials.
Two coursework submissions.
One two-hour 15 minute unseen written paper.
BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (UoL)
This degree prepares you to develop systems that can grow to meet new and changing needs in modern business environments.
- This degree is internationally recognized, giving you an advantage in the job market, wherever your career takes you.
- You can rely on the quality of the content of this degree.
- You will gain specialist expertise in the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Our courses are designed to help you develop the analytical, organizational and creative skills sought by employers in the fast-evolving sector.
- You will receive comprehensive subject guides approved by Goldsmith's academics, as well as access to a wealth of online resources.
- This programme provides an excellent preparation for a career as a computing or information systems professional.
In order to obtain the BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems, students will pursue:-
- 8 core full modules
- 6 electives (half modules)
- Final Project
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers