This unit aims to equip students with a comprehensive understanding of innovation and commercialisation. In today’s competitive landscape it is critical that organisations continually innovate.
In today’s competitive landscape it is critical that organisations continually innovate both their product offering and processes to ensure that they remain competitive in the market. Furthermore, adopting a more commercially driven approach is vital to maximising the Return on Investment (ROI). In this unit, we will look at a number of tools and techniques organisations use to drive innovation and become more commercial in their approach. The aim of the unit is to give students cutting-edge knowledge as well as practical application of
The aim of the unit is to give students cutting-edge knowledge, as well as practical application of the key ways organisations, become more innovative while remaining commercially driven.
- This course is covered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Explain the context for innovation and determine the difference between invention and innovation.
- Explain the different types of innovation.
- Discuss the process required to commercialise innovation.
- Evaluate the range of methods for protecting ideas and understand their advantages and disadvantages.
BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA (Hons) Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Business
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration