The aim of this unit is to introduce students to a variety of methods organisations use to coordinate their international marketing efforts. Students will critically evaluate the various challenges that organisations face when doing so. This unit will give students the knowledge and ability to work with marketing teams internationally and to study marketing at a higher level.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours.
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how marketing contributes to business strategies in an international context.
- Evaluate entry to a selection of international markets and define the key success factors.
- Investigate how elements of the marketing plan can be adapted or standardised across international markets.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to organise and evaluate international marketing efforts (multinational, global, transnational, meta-national, etc.).
BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business
Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA (Hons) Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Business
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration
An MSc for those keen to gain a greater understanding of the role marketing can play in the running of successful businesses and organisations.
This intellectually challenging programme will help to create the marketing leaders of tomorrow. It will allow you to solve real problems and make the kind of informed decisions that can transform the marketing of your organisation.
This MSc will provide you with an understanding of the key marketing concepts, tools and techniques enabling you to add real value to your business and advance your career in the process. The programme appeals to graduates in non-business
subjects who wish to develop a career in marketing and individuals who have business-related work experience and now wish to move into marketing, or upgrade their skills and decision-making capability in the discipline.
You’ll study issues of consumer behaviour, research and communications and the part they play in a coherent marketing programme. The programme will appeal equally to non-business graduates and marketing executives alike.
Heriot-Watt University is accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK
Ranked in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 28th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
- Ranked in the top 25% in the UK for 10 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Business & Management Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION DATES FOR THE JANUARY 2018 SEMESTER:
- November 18th – December 14th, 2017
- Late registration will be accepted from January 3rd - January 20th, 2018