On completion of this course, learner will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of using a sound project management approach to manage projects
- Identify the overall framework of projects and project management
- Employ the language, terms and concepts in project management
- Apply project management tools, techniques and methodologies
There are no schedules at this time.
However, SBCS Global Learning Institute would be willing to provide Corporate Training for interested persons at a time and location that is most suitable. We can provide training on-site at your location, or off-site at any of our three (3) campuses – (Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 663-7227 ext. 1110-1113.
- Managing Construction Projects
One of the issues that exist within the local construction industry is that while there might be the technical know-how in the area of construction practice, many times there is a lack of understanding in project management practices or theories. This tends to have a negative impact on the successful implementation of local construction projects. This course attempts to fill the knowledge gap that exists within various facets of the local construction industry.
This course will provide an understanding and an appreciation of the key tools, techniques and outputs associated with managing construction projects from start-up to close-out. The course will provide an overview of the steps in the overall project management process and will also provide an understanding of key project management tools and techniques. The course will provide a rich combination of both:
- Theory & Practice
- Case Study and Real Life examples
- Lectures and Class Dialogue
- Individual and Group Work
The target audience includes, but is not limited to stakeholders in the Engineering & Construction Industry, who would want an understanding and appreciation of the steps in the overall project management process, an overview of key project management tools and techniques that are used to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close-out of the project.
- Project Sponsors
- Project Managers & Members of Project Teams
- Small & Medium Contractors
- Construction Consultants
- Project HSE & QA/QC Personnel
- Construction Managers and Supervisors