This unit introduces students to the core concepts of programming with an introduction to algorithms and the characteristics of programming paradigms. Among the topics included in this unit are introduction to algorithms, procedural, object-orientated & event-driven programming, security considerations, the integrated development environment and the debugging process.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to design and implement algorithms in a chosen language within a suitable Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This IDE will be used to develop and help track any issues with the code.
- This course is offered in 50 contact hours
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Define basic algorithms to carry out an operation and outline the process of programming an application.
- Explain the characteristics of procedural, object-orientated and event-driven programming, conduct an analysis of a suitable Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Implement basic algorithms in code using an IDE.
- Determine the debugging process and explain the importance of a coding standard.
- BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
Acquire an honours degree in Computing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Computing route.
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing (RQF) is a wide-ranging computing qualification that equips learners with relevant, foundational knowledge and skills in computing and information systems. It is suited to those desirous of pursuing careers in the IT sector, such as systems analysts, software engineers and developers, information system design and management, and IT maintenance and technical services areas, to name a few.
This Level 5 Higher National Diploma qualification is recognised as an accepted route onto the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university qualifications.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Application Development, Security and Network Engineering). Successful completion of the HND in Computing allows direct entry into the University of Greenwich BSc. (Hons) in Computing & Information Systems.
Upon completion of that baccalaureate qualification, you can progress on to the University of Greenwich MSc. Operational Cyber Security.
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Diploma in Computing
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
- MSc Operational Cyber Security