This course is designed as an Oil and Gas specific extension of the Project Management course.
It takes the basic ideas, tools and concepts developed in Project Management and concentrates on a number of key areas, including contracting, risk, disputes and uncertainty, developing them in more detail with a specific emphasis on the oil and gas industry.
It is designed for people in the Oil and Gas industry who are looking to develop their Project Management skills in areas that are of specific application in that industry.
The main areas covered are included in direct response to feedback from the industry.
- 40 Contact Hours
- Project Management as a concept.
- Project risk and inter-dependency.
- Project change control.
- Project contract documentation.
- Standard forms of contract.
- Claims and claims procedure.
- Acceleration and probabilistic time modelling.
- EVA-based estimating and cost control.
- Uncertainty, contingencies and scenario planning.
MBA with Specialism in Oil and Gas Management
It takes skill, determination and, of course, specialist knowledge.
Our specialist MBAs give you just that depth of understanding.
This programme encompasses the same seven core courses of the standard MBA, but, instead of the two elective courses, you take four specialist courses in oil and gas management.
This new MBA specialism will provide you with the cutting edge management skills that are needed by every successful manager to today’s competitive world, plus a detailed knowledge and expertise that is specifically relevant to the oil and gas industry.
The specialism is based on a pioneering work done by Edinburgh Business School developing the content in close association with industry practitioners, and it has been extensively market tested. The ‘students’ will be experienced managers, or those aspiring to work in public or private oil and gas producers, service providers and specialist engineering organisations.
You work towards your MBA on a course-by-course basis. After completing three courses, you are eligible for a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration, and after six courses for a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration.
Heriot-Watt University is accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK
Ranked in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 28th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
- Ranked in the top 25% in the UK for 10 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Business & Management Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION DATES FOR THE JANUARY 2018 SEMESTER:
- November 18th – December 14th, 2017
- Late registration will be accepted from January 3rd - January 20th, 2018