This course provides an introduction to software engineering, algorithm design and analysis. The main topics include: software design in UML: use cases, class modelling, objects and links, aggregations and dependencies, activity diagrams, state-charts; principles of good software design, software development life-cycle, the role of design and modelling in software development; software verification and validation; project management and planning; case studies and software horror stories. Abstract data types, design patterns, algorithmic issues, complexity theory, the application and implementation of common data structures in Java.
- This course is offered in 60 hours
- Software Engineering, Software Charateristics, The Process – SDLC Models
- The People – Stakeholders, Teams
- Quality – Testing the Product and the Process
- Design: Modularisation, What Makes a Good Design
- Introducton to UML, Use Cases
- Objects: Concept Diagrams, Composition and Inheritance
- Sequence Diagrams
- Class Diagrams
- State Machine Diagrams, Acitivity Diagrams
- Advanced Class Diagrams
- A Complete Example
- Testing Strategies and Tactics, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing
- Coursework Tutorial ( Coursework 1 & 2)
- Introduction to Alogrithms, Big O Notation, Asymptotic Analysis
- Abstract Data Types: Array, Lists, Stacks, Queues, Sets
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Sorting Selection, Searching and Traversal
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Divide & Conquer, Recursion
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Dynamic Programming, Trees and Graphs
- Alogrithm Design Techniques: Greedy Approaches & Heuristics,
- Hash Tables & Heaps
- Limits of Computing: Intractable Problems & Approximation,
- String Matching Problems
- Computational Geometry Problems
Lectures and tutorials.
Two coursework submissions.
One three-hour unseen written paper.
BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (UoL)
This degree prepares you to develop systems that can grow to meet new and changing needs in modern business environments.
- This degree is internationally recognized, giving you an advantage in the job market, wherever your career takes you.
- You can rely on the quality of the content of this degree.
- You will gain specialist expertise in the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Our courses are designed to help you develop the analytical, organizational and creative skills sought by employers in the fast-evolving sector.
- You will receive comprehensive subject guides approved by Goldsmith's academics, as well as access to a wealth of online resources.
- This programme provides an excellent preparation for a career as a computing or information systems professional.
In order to obtain the BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems, students will pursue:-
- 8 core full modules
- 6 electives (half modules)
- Final Project
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up)
- Global Recognition
- Excellent Facilities and Administrative Support
- Expert Lecturers