OUTCOME: On completion of this unit, candidates will be able to understand approaches to help achieve sustainability. This unit explores the concept and initiatives in sustainability which includes aspects of corporate social responsibility. It includes the impact on communities and society,environmental aspects of sourcing, ethical trading and working standards. The alignment of sustainable goals within supply chains has both global and local dimensions and is a developing area for organizational commitment, procedures, systems and practices.
- This course is offered in 50 hours
Upon successful completion of this unit the learner will be able to:
- Understand the impact of sustainability in supply chains
- Understand initiatives and standards to improve sustainability
- Understand the process of incorporating sustainability into the sourcing process
- Understand the importance of compliance with standards to achieve sustainability in supply chains
This unit is examination based and comprises of four exam questions each worth 25 marks, each testing a different learning outcome.
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
Gain an industry-driven, internationally-recognised Procurement and Supply qualification!
The Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply is best suited to senior buyers, contract and supply chain managers, and provides them with the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives.
The qualification progressively builds on the Advanced Certificate and Diploma levels; it focuses on cost reduction and added value of purchases and supplies, improving timescales and stock control, management and innovation in the procurement and supply process, and developing legal and risk management expertise.
Ready for your MCIPS designation in procurement and supply? Complete our CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply.