With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training like never before. Learning how to supervise new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This two-day workshop will help participants to overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter.
- 12 Contact Hours / 2 days
Specific learning objectives include:
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
There are no more schedules available for the year.
These courses will provide supervisory level personnel (supervisors, potential supervisors, and professional level staff) with knowledge and skills required for effectively carrying out their responsibilities. Participants will develop a personal awareness, as well as an awareness of the people, activities, and management issues involved in achieving results in a challenging and dynamic work environment. It concentrates on the leadership actions for developing a team but also includes the key management skills of decision making, problem solving, performance analysis, conflict management, motivation and presentation.