The BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme offered at SBCS.
Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification are required to first complete our Matriculation to HND (Engineering) and then our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programmes before entering the final year of this degree.
This programme was designed to provide students with a broad range of skills for using equipment and techniques, and to be able to apply these skills to real life practical situations. As an engineer, you will play a significant role from development and testing through to manufacturing and maintenance.
Why study Electrical and Electronic Engineering at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, awarded by the University of Greenwich.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace for qualified, competent electrical and electronic engineers.
- Graduates: We have produced graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically. They are currently practicing professionals, employed throughout the oil and gas, utilities and manufacturing sectors.
- Convenient class schedules: Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Duration: Programme can be completed in either one (1) or two (2) years based on entry qualifications.
- Professional Recognition: Programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT).
Our next intake is September 2018.
- This qualification can be earned in two (2) years.
- Champs Fleurs
Students wishing to enter this programme may do so either from the second year or the final year based on their entry qualifications.
- In order to register for the Second year, you must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
– Advanced Technician Diploma in Applied Electrical and Electronic Engineering from City and Guilds of London Institute
– Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the National Examination Council (NEC)
– Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering from University of Trinidad and Tobago (UTT)
- In order to register for the Third or Final year, you must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
– Associate Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institution
Note: Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification must first complete our Matriculation to HND (Engineering)
In order to register:
- Proceed to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done.
- Provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting the following:
- Original certificates, your completed student transcripts or a completion letter along with (3) copies
- A detailed Resume and/or Job Description
- If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following form: University of Greenwich Application Form (for registration with the University)
- Proceed to Customer Services Department to complete the SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS), and to pay fees as specified in the “Fee Information” section stated in the Fact Sheet provided. Please ensure that you collect your receipt upon payment.
- After payment proceed to CITE and present your receipt for recording by the relevant Course Administrator.
- Note: If an Acceptance Letter is required after registration, kindly note that such requests usually takes three (3) working days to process.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop graduates who can apply appropriate principles and techniques to produce well-judged solutions to Electrical and Electronic Engineering problems
- To develop graduates that can have necessary skills and attributes to work as engineers
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering applications in the wider economic and social context
- This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- Graduates of this programme can apply for Associate Membership from the Association of Professional Engineers of Trinidad and Tobago (APETT)