This programme is ideally suited for facility managers, office managers, building owners and anyone interested in Facilities Management.
The BSc (Hons) Engineering Management (Construction) programme, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC) programme offered at SBCS.
Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification are required to first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology and then our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC) programmes before entering the final year of this degree.
This programme was designed to encourage students to develop a reflective approach to understanding engineering management principles and processes as it relates to the construction environment.
Why Study Engineering Management at SBCS?
- Recognition: This is an Internationally recognized qualification, awarded by the University of Greenwich.
- Career focused: The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace for qualified, competent facility management professionals.
- Graduates: We have produced graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically. They are currently practicing professionals, employed throughout the construction and civil engineering sector.
- Convenient class schedules: Work, Earn and Study at the same time. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Duration: Programme can be completed in one (1) year.
Registration is currently OPEN. Semester starts October 2018.
- This qualification can be completed in 1 year
- Champs Fleurs
Students wishing to enter this programme must have at least one of the qualifications listed:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE-HVAC)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Building Services Engineering
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction and the Built Environment (BSE)
- City and Guild Level 5 IVQ Advanced Technicians Diploma in Construction
- Associate Degree from a recognized University in relevant discipline
Note: Students with only a CSEC or CXC qualification must first complete our Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technology
In order to register:
1. Proceed to the Centre for Information Technology and Engineering (CITE) for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or registration can be done.
2. Provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting: (a) Original certificates, your completed student transcripts or a completion letter along with three (3) copies (b) A detailed Resume and/or Job Description in cases where your qualifications do not meet the direct entry requirement or where the qualifications were awarded more than five years ago.
3. If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you are then required to complete the following form:
- SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS)
4. The course administrator will then provide you with an enrollment ticket identifying the modules selected and their respective cost. Once completed, you are to proceed to the Advisory & Admission Centre where you will present the enrolment ticket and pay all fees, as specified in the Fee Information section.
5. After payment, proceed to CITE and present your receipt for recording of the receipt number.
Registration is currently Closed.
New semester begins September 2018. Registration will be open from July 2018.
This programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop graduates with the necessary skills and attributes to allow for employment within industries where they can utilize their enhanced management skills.
- To develop graduates who can apply appropriate principles and techniques to produce well-judged solutions to engineering and management problems.
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering and management applications in the wider economic and social context.
To provide a flexible top-up to the HND CBE (BSE) provision that has a strong engineering management