Acquire an Honours Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Marketing via the Pearson BTEC HND in Business route.
As we face an increasingly challenging business environment, employers are looking for professionals who can easily find solutions to an array of problems. The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business focuses on developing students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. It is a professional qualification that is recognised as an accepted route into the later stages of a number of UK and foreign university degree qualifications.
This Level 5 HND is ideal for those who wish to study at an undergraduate level to pursue or advance their career in business.
It comprises 15 units; 12 core, and 3 electives specific to your chosen specialism (Management, Human Resources and Marketing). Successful completion of the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business allows direct entry into:
- BA (Hons) Business Management from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing from the University of Sunderland*
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management from the University of Greenwich*
*These programmes can be completed in 12-18 months.
Upon completion of the above-mentioned degrees, one can then progress on to:
CSEC/CXC graduates: your internationally-recognised honours degree is closer than you think. Click to find out how.
- Short Business Courses
- Short Information Technology Courses
- Matriculation to Higher National Diploma in Business
- ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration
- 2 years 7 months in Part-Time & Full-Time modes
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
To be eligible for entry to the BTEC HND in Business, you must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Matriculation to the Higher National Diploma in Business OR
- Two (2) A’ Levels / CAPE equivalent OR
- ABE Certificate /Diploma (Level 4) OR
- 21 years and over with four (4) O’ Levels including English and two (2) years relevant work experience.
Students will also be required to attend pre-requisite courses before commencing the BTEC HND programme.
Candidates who do not meet these entry requirements will be considered on an individual basis.
All new students are required to attend a compulsory prerequisite semester at the start of the programme. This semester is designed to prepare individuals for the Higher National Diploma and to give an idea of what to expect within the BTEC programme.
This registration fee with Pearson is valid for a 5-year period.
In order to register, you must first proceed to the Centre for Certified Professional Programmes (CCPP) Department for verification of your entry qualifications before any payments or actual registration can be done. You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 2 copies.
- A Job Letter (mature entry route) and original CXC Certificates or any other academic qualifications.
If your entry qualifications are satisfactory you would then be issued a Student Enrollment Ticket when registering.
To complete your registration process you would then visit our Academic and Advisory Centre where you will be given an SBCS Registration Form (for registration with SBCS) to complete.
Call: (868) 663-SBCS (7227) Ext. 1042-1047 to speak to our programme representatives.
Email: email@example.com for more details.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment Methods
The Pearson BTEC HND in Business programme is taught using a blended approach of practical industry relevant experiences and academics. The course delivery includes: lectures (inclusive of tutorials), in-class and online discussions, case study discussions, research work, group work, among others. All students will be guided at every step towards achieving their goals.
Students will be assessed using written assignments/reports and presentations; both individual and group.
This BTEC qualification gives the specialist knowledge, skills and confidence in the fields of Management and Human Resource Management, allowing learners to make an impact in the modern workplace.
Students have to successfully complete three (3) prerequisite courses and all 16 compulsory units in order to complete the BTEC HND in Business programme.
New students are accepted into the BTEC HND in Business programme in September of every year for full-time and part-time classes.
All information provided is subject to change without prior notice. Please contact Course Administration for any clarification.