The BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems top-up degree, awarded by the University of Greenwich, is structured to provide a viable final year, top-up option to graduates of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing programme offered at SBCS.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates who are team players with the ability to communicate persuasively.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Final Year (Top-up) which can be achieved in eighteen (18) months.
- 6 assignments, 1 exam. Students pursue 4 core modules and select 3 electives.
- Portfolio of work created during the programme contributes to the graduate's marketability and prospects for employment.
- Multiple modes and locations for delivery (Full/Part Time)
- Expert Lecturers
- Teleios Code Jam
- Talent and Innovation Competition of the America (TIC)
- Idea 2 Innovation
CSEC or CXC graduates, can follow our pathway to the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems degree. Click below for details.
- 18 months full-time (18 - 24 months part-time)
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
- Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- ABE Advanced Diploma in BIS
- IMIS Higher Diploma or IDPM Higher Diploma
- ACP Advanced Diploma (credit average)
- NCC Advanced Diploma
- ROYTEC’s Associate Degree in ISM
- UTT Diploma in Computing
- CSEC/CXC graduates can obtain the BSc (Hons) Computing and Information top-up degree via our Matriculation (Foundation) to the Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
- CAPE/GCE A’ level graduates can also pursue this qualification via the Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing
You must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting or emailing:
- Original certificate and transcript.
- Original Birth certificate
- National ID or Passport
- For students with qualifications more than five years old, a resume listing positions held and key responsibilities will be also required.
In cases where students must request an original transcript from the relevant examination body. Please forward to:
Mr. Keston Chandler
Course Administrator II
SBCS Global Learning Institute
53-54 Sagan Drive
Trinidad, West Indies
If you wish to speak with a course administrator, please call us at 663-7227 ext 1250 – 1256 or;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Career opportunities exist in many computing areas, these include:
- Database Analyst, Database Developer, Database Administrator or Database Architect
- Mobile Application Developer, Web Developer, Full Stack Developer, Front End Developer, Web Designer, Interaction Designer
- E-Commerce Specialist, Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator, Network Administrator
University Facts 2017
- The University of Greenwich achieved a Teaching Excellence Framework silver rating in recognition of high quality resources, teaching and personalised provision. Click here to find out more.
- The University has more than 245,000 alumni, and a thriving Alumni Association with more than 67,000 former students from 160 countries.
- The University has been providing quality education for more than 125 years.
Courses that complement the Top-Up BSc (Hons) CIS include:
- CISCO – Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- COMPTIA – Network +, Security+
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
Professional Development/ Short courses
- Computer Forensics
- Network Forensics Investigations
- Security Testing Associate
- Wireless Security Associate