Students on the MSc Operational Cyber Security will learn a wide range of practical and theoretical skills. Students will develop a sound knowledge of cyber security and its application in real life situations, while extending their abilities to analyse and solve problems.
Applications would be welcomed from students with any numerate degree from a science background, a Law or a business degree. Mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential can also be assessed for eligibility.
Next available intake is September 2019.
At SBCS we focus on -
- Producing graduates who are capable of thinking critically, creatively and ethically.
- Graduates that can contribute to emerging industries and societal development.
- Read what some of our graduates have to say.
Highlights at a glance -
- Can be completed in as little as 2 years
- Pursue one module per month and pay as you go
- All material provided digitally
- Blended approach to learning with a combination of self study, online sessions and workshops
The programme provides opportunities for students to achieve a knowledge and understanding of:
- Modern methods and techniques for cyber security, including penetration testing and IT auditing.
- Basic concepts of networking, developing web applications, cyber security and risk management.
- Techniques in cyber security, cyber physical security and forensics investigations.
- The modern computing environment and software tools for a cyber security professional.
- Specialised advanced topics in the area of security and its applications.
- Research tools and techniques appropriate to the cyber security domain.
- Champs Fleurs
- University of Greenwich BSc (Hons) Computing and Information System with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- A good first degree in any numerate non-computer science subject with Upper Second Class Honours or above
- Applications would be welcomed from students with any numerate degree from a science background, a Law or a business degree.
- Mature applicants who demonstrate academic potential and work experience can also be assessed for eligibility.
The next available intake is September 2019.
In order to register:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your entry qualifications and confirm your eligibility.
Kindly provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates, your completed student transcripts or a completion letter or
- A detailed CV and/or Job Description in cases where your qualifications do not meet the direct entry requirement or where the qualifications were awarded more than five years ago.
For further information, please feel free to contact our administrative team at 663-7227 Ext: 1251-1255 or at email@example.com
Raecene S. Gunness-Francis
Course Administrator II
Assistant Course Administrator
Assistant Course Administrator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The MSc Operational Cyber Security postgraduate degree programme allows both computing and non-computing degree holders an opportunity to engage in this fast growing and very relevant field of study.
The first of its kind in Trinidad and Tobago, this qualification can be earned in just two (2) years and prepares students for potential careers in Ethical Hacking, Cyber Security Administration and Research and IT Auditing.
Delivered by SBCS utilizing a blended learning approach that mixes both online and classroom sessions, students will learn a wide range of practical and theoretical skills that will equip them with the knowledge necessary to make significant contributions within their current or future workplaces.
Key highlights also include:
- Courses will be pursued one module at a time, each with a duration of one month.
- At the end of each module students are assessed by an online exam and in two instances by coursework submissions.
- Students will also complete a Final Project during the course of the second year.
- Students will engage with online pre-recorded lectures provided by the University. This will be supplemented with one two-hour session per week to discuss the material covered.
- This programme is designed to encourage students to engage with the posted material and participate in discussion type workshops at the end of each week.
If you require further information on payment plans or registration, kindly respond to email@example.com with a phone contact and we will be happy to discuss available options.