The City and Guilds Diploma in Plumbing was designed for persons wishing to enter the plumbing industry. This qualification forms the basis of knowledge for all modern domestic and commercial plumbing, and is therefore an excellent starting point for anyone seeking a career as a plumber.
The programme provides you with a range of plumbing skills and combines both practical and theoretical training. Some of the topics covered include electrical principles and processes, common plumbing processes, cold water systems, domestic hot water systems, sanitation, central heating systems and drainage systems. Assessment is undertaken through a combination of practical assignments and written multiple choice examinations.
Graduates of this Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Plumbing qualification will obtain an internationally recognized Diploma from City & Guilds of London Institute and will meet the academic requirements to allow for registration with the Water and Sewage Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (WASA) to sit the Sanitary Constructor Licence examination (Plumbing licence).
8 Classes of Plumbing Work
Many are not aware of the myriad of opportunities available to those with a certification in plumbing with associated skills. According to Victoria’s Plumbing Regulations 2008 (Australia), there are eight main classes of plumbing work a practitioner can become licensed in. These include:
- Fire protection
- Mechanical service
- Irrigation (non-agricultural)
- Roofing (stormwater)
- Water supply
Why Study Plumbing at SBCS?
- Achieve an Internationally recognized qualification.
- Graduates will meet the academic requirement to apply to WASA to sit the Sanitary Constructor Licence examination.
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom.
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace.
- Course is over 50% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught.
- Modern, fully equipped labs. Learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field.
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs.
Registration is currently OPEN. Semester starts September 2018. Exams in June 2019.
Register early and earn 5% discount on tuition.
|SBCS Registration Fee|
|Payable upon registration every semester|
|Early registration discount available|
|C&G Registration Fee|
£50 (one-time payment)
|Payable by: 16th June 2018|
|C&G Examination Fee||£45 (per exam)|
Total Examination Fee = £90
Payable by: 29th September 2018
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
There are no pre-requisites for this programme.
Basic Knowledge in mathematics will be an asset.
This qualification is assessed by a combination of online/written examinations and practical assignments.
To achieve the Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Plumbing, learners must complete the following:
- Basic Construction Skills Principles (6161-002)
- Basic Construction Skills Practice – Electrical Installation Basic Skills (6161 -107)
- Plumbing 2 Principles (6161-035)
- Plumbing 2 Practice (6161-135)
Assessments for each course is as follows:
|Course Code||Course Title||Assessments|
Basic Construction Skills Principles
Multiple-choice assessment (1 hour) based on the following learning outcomes:
Basic Construction Skills Practice – Electrical -Installation Basic Skills
|Practical Assessments: This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to set out and install simple domestic single phase circuits.|
Plumbing 2 Principles
Multiple-choice assessment (2.5 hours) based on the following learning outcomes:
|6161-135||Plumbing 2 Practice|
Practical Assessments: This unit covers the skills required to enable a candidate to apply basic tools skills to set out, fabricate, install and test: