The Edinburgh Business School is the Graduate School of Business of the Heriot-Watt University.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made them one of the top UK universities for business and industry.
Heriot-Watt is one of the oldest higher education institutions in the UK. It gained university status by Royal Charter in 1966.
It is a vibrant, forward-looking university, well known for the quality of their degrees with employers actively seeking out there graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland’s most international university with an unsurpassed international in-country presence. They deliver programmes to over 10,000 students in 166 countries around the world.
ACCA graduates can gain a fast-track entry through free-of-charge credit transfer or exemption when they matriculate for the MSc. in Financial Management or the MBA programme offered by Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University.
Entitlement to credit transfer or exemption will be assessed on an individual basis. A maximum of four exemptions from the nine-module programme may be available. Click here for further information.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 35 out of 131 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2019.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
- November 10th @ 10:00 am at Champs Fleurs
- November 24th @ 10:00 am at San Fernando
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JANUARY 2019 SEMESTER:
- November 17th – December 15th, 2018
- January 6th, 2019
For further information:
- 2.5 Years
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
A recognised first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
For those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing three MBA courses one of which must be a core course.
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot-Watt MBA programme:
- National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport + Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, professional certificates, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
Note: ALL DOCUMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE MUST BE PRESENTED IN THEIR ORIGINAL STATE ALONG WITH COPIES.
Masters PT Tuition Schedule:
- You may be required to use adobe to fill the Student Registration Form.
- Your form/s can be downloaded, completed, saved and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can choose from the following:
- Specialisms in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Strategic Planning or Oil and Gas Management.
The General MBA consists of seven (7) compulsory and any two elective courses.
The Specialism MBA consists of the seven (7) compulsory and four (4) elective courses from the specialist group.
- Our MBA PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinised by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £160 for each exam you sit.
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S’s Deadlines (Online Only)
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet
Exemptions from specific courses may be granted to holders of recognised academic or professional qualifications if they are of degree level and if they have been obtained by examination. University regulations do not permit exemptions to be granted for degrees obtained at the same level. Therefore, exemptions are not awarded to holders of another Master degree even if it was obtained from Heriot-Watt University.
Professional qualifications obtained by examination within two years of application may also lead to exemptions being awarded. For example, ACCA qualification holders may be eligible for exemptions in Accounting, Finance and up to two other courses. Exemptions will be awarded if holders of approved qualifications can provide evidence of comparability of course content. Guidelines on the award of exemptions are available online.
If you wish to apply for an exemption you should complete the relevant section of the Programme Entry Form or download and complete the Exemption Application Form and submit it with the required supporting documentation to Edinburgh Business School, who are the sole authority on this matter. Eligibility for exemption is based on academic achievement only, not on work experience.
Additional Information – Registration as a Heriot-Watt University MBA Student ensures that the student will automatically be registered as a matriculated part-time student at Heriot-Watt University, and as such will receive a matriculation card.
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook: