This Pearson and ACTT approved foundation programme is geared toward CXC/CSEC graduates as an alternative to CAPE, 6th Form or Level 3 study. It provides learners with the opportunity to pursue a combined, higher-level qualification in Media and Graphic Design as a pathway to undergraduate study.
Graduates of this foundation programme can progress directly to Pearson’s Higher National Diploma (HND) in Creative Media Production or Art and Design and upon successful completion be eligible for the final year of an honours degree in Media and Communications (University of Greenwich) or Graphic Design (University of Sunderland).
- 1 Year
Eligible applicants must satisfy the following:
- Possess a minimum of four (4) CSEC/CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English or any equivalent qualification;
- Interested persons not meeting the criteria as stated above may be further assessed to confirm programme eligibility.
In order to register, you must provide evidence of your entry qualifications by presenting:
- Original certificates along with 3 copies
- A detailed résumé and/or job letter where applicable.
Acceptance letters take three (3) working days to process after registration once requested.
The core aims of this Matriculation programme in Media and Graphic Design are to:
- Engage learners with industry-relevant, practical experience via vocational and academic learning;
- Train graduates that are capable of effectively functioning in a variety of contexts within the contemporary Media and Design industries at entry or junior levels;
- Support learners with an appropriate academic foundation at Level 3 for higher levels of undergraduate study;
- Empower learners to navigate their career path through the dynamics of the contemporary creative industries;
- Educate learners regarding the history and practice of print and digital media design and production.