The MSc. in Financial Management is targeted at finance professionals and other professionals who want to develop a career in financial management, and who require a wide-ranging understanding of financial techniques and their application - but do not require high-level mathematical understanding of finance theories.
The MSc. offers specialist study in the areas of corporate finance, investments and risk management. It will give students a relevant practical knowledge of finance that can be put into use straight away.
Careers in finance depend upon a strong understanding of the foundations of finance, investment behaviour and the dynamic nature of finance, and the MSc. will provide a strong preparation for a career in a wide variety of positions within the finance profession.
ACCA graduates can gain a fast-track entry through free-of-charge credit transfer and exemption when they matriculate for the MSc. in Financial Management or the MBA programme offered by Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University.
Entitlement to credit transfer or exemption will be assessed on an individual basis. A maximum of four exemptions from the nine-module programme may be available. Click here for further information.
Heriot-Watt University is accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK
Ranked in the Complete University Guide 2018
- 28th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
- Ranked in the top 25% in the UK for 10 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Business & Management Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
REGISTRATION DATES FOR THE JANUARY 2018 SEMESTER:
- November 18th – December 14th, 2017
- Late registration will be accepted from January 3rd - January 20th, 2018
- 2.5 Years
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
A recognised first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
For those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing three MSc courses and two other core courses.
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot Watt MSc. Financial Management programme:
- National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport + Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, professional certificates, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
Note: All documents mentioned above must be presented in their original state along with copies.
- Student Registration Form (new student)
- Order Form – MSc. Financial Management
- CARICOM Order Form – MSc. Financial Management
Masters PT Tuition Schedule:
Our MSc F.M PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinized by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £160 for each exam you sit.
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S’s Deadlines (Online Only)
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook: