An MSc for those keen to gain a greater understanding of the role marketing can play in the running of successful businesses and organisations.
This intellectually challenging programme will help to create the marketing leaders of tomorrow. It will allow you to solve real problems and make the kind of informed decisions that can transform the marketing of your organisation.
This MSc will provide you with an understanding of the key marketing concepts, tools and techniques enabling you to add real value to your business and advance your career in the process. The programme appeals to graduates in non-business
subjects who wish to develop a career in marketing and individuals who have business-related work experience and now wish to move into marketing, or upgrade their skills and decision-making capability in the discipline.
You’ll study issues of consumer behaviour, research and communications and the part they play in a coherent marketing programme. The programme will appeal equally to non-business graduates and marketing executives alike.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 35 out of 131 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2019.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
- November 10th @ 10:00 am at Champs Fleurs
- November 24th @ 10:00 am at San Fernando
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JANUARY 2019 SEMESTER:
- November 17th – December 15th, 2018
- January 6th, 2019
For further information:
- 2.5 Years
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
A recognised first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
For those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing three MSc courses and two other core courses.
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot Watt MSc. Marketing programme:
- National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport + Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, professional certificates, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
Note: All documents mentioned above must be presented in their original state along with copies.
Masters PT Tuition Schedule:
- You may be required to use adobe to fill the Student Registration Form.
- Your form/s can be downloaded, completed, saved and emailed to us at email@example.com
Passes are required in five core and four elective courses.
Our MSc MARKETING PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
Exemptions from specific core courses may be granted to holders of recognized academic or professional qualifications if they are of degree level and if they have been obtained by examination. Exemptions will be awarded if holders of approved qualifications can provide evidence of comparability of course content. There is no provision for exemptions from elective courses.
Typically, a maximum of one exemption is granted for an undergraduate degree majoring in a subject relevant to one of courses; for example, a bachelor’s degree in Marketing may lead to an exemption from the Marketing course. Professional qualifications, obtained by examination within 5 years of application, may also lead to exemptions. For example, students who hold the CIM Professional Diploma may be awarded a credit transfer for the core Marketing course.
Eligibility for exemption is based on academic achievement only, not on work experience. If you wish to apply for an exemption you should complete the Exemption Application form and send it with supporting documentation and required fee to Edinburgh Business School, the sole authority on this matter.
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook:
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinised by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £160 for each exam you sit.
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S’s Deadlines (Online Only)
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet