The MSc. in Strategic Planning is the capstone of the core modules in the MBA programme as it draws from the main business disciplines covered in the other six core modules.
This course is designed to assist managers to develop an overall strategic understanding of the organization beyond any one functional area. It looks at the fundamental questions at the heart of strategic planning “What does an organisation want to achieve? How does it go about achieving it?” and helps to formulate suitable answers.
In a world of rapid change, organisations that can identify, design and effectively and efficiently implement these needs are more likely to survive and prosper.
- Heriot Watt University holds a Royal Charter from the UK Government.
- Read more on the Heriot Watt University Accreditation.
- Heriot Watt University is also reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) UK.
- Ranked 35 out of 131 UK universities in the Complete University Guide 2019.
- Named by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide as International University of the Year 2018.
- Click here for the full list of HWU rankings.
There are two tuition intakes per year for all courses:
- January - May
- July - November
- November 10th @ 10:00 am at Champs Fleurs
- November 24th @ 10:00 am at San Fernando
REGISTRATION PERIOD FOR THE JANUARY 2019 SEMESTER:
- November 17th – December 15th, 2018
- January 6th, 2019
For further information:
- 2.5 Years
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando, Trincity
A recognised first or second class honours degree, or equivalent professional qualification.
For those who don’t, entry can still be gained by passing three MSc courses and two other core courses.
*Please note for the MSc in Strategic Planning your first degree must be in a business discipline to matriculate with Heriot-Watt University.
Please furnish us with the following items when registering for the Heriot Watt MSc. Strategic Planning programme:
- National ID OR Trinidad & Tobago Passport + Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- All relevant qualifications e.g. Degrees, professional certificates, transcripts or ACCA membership status documents.
Note: All documents mentioned above must be presented in their original state along with copies.
Masters PT Tuition Schedule:
- You may be required to use adobe to fill the Student Registration Form.
- Your form/s can be downloaded, completed, saved and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Passes are required in five core and four elective courses.
Our MSC STRATEGIC PLANNING PROPOSED ORDER SEQUENCE will assist with course selection.
Exemptions from specific core courses may be granted to holders of recognized academic or professional qualifications if they are of degree level and if they have been obtained by examination. You cannot be granted exemption from an elective course.
Eligibility for exemption is based on academic achievement only, not on work experience! You are advised not to purchase a course until you have applied for and received a response from Edinburgh Business School on your exemption.
If your application is unsuccessful, the exemption fee will be used to cover your exam fee in the respective course and you should contact your SBCS Student Advisor to purchase your course.
Additional Information – Registration as a Heriot-Watt University MBA/MSc Student ensures that the student will automatically be registered as a matriculated part-time student at Heriot-Watt University, and as such will receive a matriculation card.
For further information on exemptions please see below link and student handbook:
Examination sessions, known as diets, are held in all exam centres for all courses in June and December each year. Minor exam sessions are held in March and August in selected locations for selected courses. A full examination timetable is available on the EBS Student Services website.
Each exam is a 3 hour written exam per course. All questions are compulsory: you do not have a choice. Exam scripts are marked by EBS Faculty and are rigorously scrutinised by external examiners from other UK universities. You are permitted a maximum of two examination attempts for each core course. There is a fee of £160 for each exam you sit.
Exam Registration Deadlines
31 January for the March Diet
20 February for the June Diet
17 July for the August Diet
20 August for the December Diet
E.B.S’s Deadlines (Online Only)
7 February for the March Diet
1 March for the June Diet
24 July for the August Diet
1 September for the December Diet