The Photovoltaic Systems (PV) Level 1 course is ideally suited for individuals and technicians wishing to learn about renewable energy, solar power generation and the design and installation of photovoltaic systems.
This course provides learners with the ability to design and install their own photovoltaic systems either in residential or commercial buildings in accordance with the NEC code.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the various PV markets and their applications
- Practicing PV safety
- Understanding electricity fundamentals and load estimation as it applied to PV systems
- Understanding the solar module and energy fundamentals
- Understanding system components selection and sizing
- Implementing PV wiring systems design and electrical sizing
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study Photovoltaic Systems at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available.
There are no schedules in Champs Fleurs at this time.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- Implementing Photovoltaic Systems for Solar Power Generation (Level 2)
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Three Phase Power & Plant Distribution
- Electric Motor Control
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs, San Fernando
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of basic science would be an asset
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.