The Implementing Wind Power Systems course is ideally suited for individuals and technicians wishing to learn about the installation of wind energy systems
This course provides an overview of the operation and installation of Wind Energy Systems. The importance of energy conservation and renewable sources of energy are emphasized throughout this course with particular attention being placed on the generation of energy from wind sources.
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the basic principles associated with wind energy systems
- Understanding how energy usage, efficiency and storage affect our everyday life
- Identifying and sizing the basic components which comprise a wind energy system
- Designing simple Wind Turbine Systems to meet specific energy consumption requirements
The duration of this course is 24 contact hours.
Why study Wind Power Systems at SBCS?
- Instructors are certified, highly skilled and experienced practitioners who bring their knowledge and work experience to the classroom
- Course is career oriented. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of the current marketplace
- Course is over 80% practical, hands-on training. Emphasis is placed on practical training and the application of the knowledge taught
- Modern, fully equipped labs. You learn using the same equipment you will encounter in the field
- Convenient class schedules. Classes are offered on a part-time basis, which allows working individuals to balance their work and educational needs
Schedule & Fees
- Payment Plans are available
There are no schedules in Champs Fleurs at this time.
Please note: All information provided is subject to change without prior notice.
You may also be interested in:
- Certificate in Basic Electrical Installation (Residential)
- Certificate in Three Phase Power & Plant Distribution
- Implementing Photovoltaic Systems for Solar Power Generation (Level 1)
- 2 months
- Champs Fleurs
Entry Requirement: Knowledge of basic science would be an asset
- Administration fee: $150 to be paid on registration.
- Registration deadline: One week before the scheduled start date of the class.
- Late Administration fee: $175 will be charged if registration is within one week of the scheduled start date of the course.
- Payment Plan: A credit price, usually 10% more than the cash price, is available if necessary. The down payment is 60% of the credit price plus the administration fee. The remainder is paid in installments before the end of the course.